Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Getting in Gear...

Of all the things I try to do to make my life better, there's two seemingly simple things I have yet to get under control: eating healthy and exercising consistently. I waste a lot of time fussing about weight and body image rather than putting the energy into making changes...well, now I'm trying to turn that around.
I'm active in a group that posts their Wednesday's weigh-in faithfully- despite gain or stagnation...and I'm trying to ramp up my exercise routine. I've started with Yoga...for weight loss. I'm tracking all my calories and exercise on LOSEIT.COM. I haven't had a piece of candy since New Year's....haven't had ice cream at night in at least a week, have exercised 5 days in a row so far, and have lost 5.5lbs since last Saturday...It's a start. These are the last big things I need to tackle to truly be successful in life. I have the career thing, the education thing, the relationship thing, the mom thing under control...now to eat better and get good exercise...why? So I can instill these values in my children and keep up with a very active husband! I'm fighting my own "good" fight now....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a thought or insight on this post...