Thursday, March 3, 2011

Turning Over a New Leaf...Exercising for Wellness

Since the last time I blogged, I've been able to lose about 4lbs. I joined Loseit.com and keep track of my exercise and my calories now. I keep getting badges from them that praise me for exercising, for staying under my calories, and somehow all of this continues to motivate me to work hard to reach my goal. I'm friends with some amazing women on Facebook and we're on a mission to lose weight and get in shape together. I feel a strong sense of community with them, and I feel good about talking about diet and exercise with them...and challenging them to join me on these ridiculous several day-long exercise adventures...and I hold up my end of the bargain just because I've thrown it out there. Who knew that could be so motivating? Which reminds me...I'm due to institute another challenge.

I do yoga every day, if I'm healthy enough to do it. I have enough dvd's now that I can change it up and keep it challenging and interesting. I feel like a new woman after I complete a workout. I have addressed the issue of needing to get exercise, have acquired some much needed "me" time, and I have relaxed myself so I can be my best for the rest of the night and on into the next day. I only wish I had started this a long time ago...but better late than never...and better to be turning over that new leaf now so I can hopefully (finally) establish the healthy habit that is exercising for wellness and not just weight-loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a thought or insight on this post...