Friday, March 4, 2011

How I do what I do...

I've been asked on several occassions "How do you do it all?!"

I'm a full-time employee, a wife, a mother, a grad student, a musician, now exercising daily, counting my calories and I manage to stay motivated and positive (for the most part.)

Well, I'd posted it in a status on Facebook once upon a time, but I want to make it official here:
I do what I do and am capable of doing it for this simple reason:

I never let myself think that I can't do it.

I have too much going on to invest any negative energy in self-doubt. And while it IS a constant struggle to keep all the balls I'm juggling in the air, just going for it is proving to be completely worthwhile.

I used to put a lot of energy into self-doubt, and it just about ate me alive. I'm not the most confident person in the world, I struggle with a lot of body-image issues, self-esteem issues, and just general insecurities...but I manage to be very high functioning despite all of this.

I believe in trying. I believe in having faith in yourself and trust that you can do something and do it well...and I believe in learning from shortfalls and or failure. It's unrealistic to think you'll never fail at something, but that should never be a reason to not go for it. I'm going for it...all of it...and so should you. Life is far more fulfilling that way. Also- it doesn't hurt to have a husband who believes in me whole-heartedly and who has my back no matter what. I hope many more of you out there are lucky enough to have that, or to have it someday and know what it is to be completed by having that kind of love and support in place.

That's a shout-out to you, Luke. You make being me possible by being you. :) Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a thought or insight on this post...